If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Tuesday 14 May 2013

What is a Family


What is a family? Nuclear, extended, blended, single parent or same sex. Mine is definitely extended and we support each other, love each other, fight for and with each other. We definitely don't always agree with each other. As a child I remember many a debate at the dinner table that led to what could be only described as all out war and a family game of Pictionary well we would revert back to tribal hostilities involving shouting, screaming, cheating but lots of laughing. In fact my husband refuses to play as he can't cope with the noise level and battle tactics.  What I have always found is that we celebrate the good times and we step up to support in the hard times.
When I told my family about our desire to adopt they all took it in their stride, in some ways not really surprised, they are excited for us and for the whole family, they have supported us through every step of the way. I really couldn't ask for anything more.
Today I went out for a birthday lunch including champagne, I was so very spoilt and felt loved and so special, I realise that I am lucky to be part of a family that loves me for who I am and are proud of me for my achievements. I am proud to be part of this same family who will take on our new addition offering them the same love and pride, no matter what. So by this time next year we'll have another little one in tow, its unlikely that champagne lunches will be on the menu! Life will be different but it will be our family life and what our family can offer this new infant is a home and a family FOREVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment