If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Monday 17 June 2013

My boy has gone to Paris

Child 2 has headed off on his year 7 school trip/jolly to Paris. No learning about the culture of France, not much practising in speaking the language. No he's off to Disney tomorrow for theme park fun, the Rainforest Cafe for dinner and back to the park for fireworks. Wednesday is the culture bit, the Arc de Triomph, the Eiffel Tower and a boat trip. Thursday a day at Futuroscope and a laser show in the evening. Before heading home on Friday, when he will be completely exhausted and no doubt grumpy  by the time I pick him up.

We have spent the weekend preparing a pre-teenage boy for 5 days of independent living, he must change his underwear and socks every day. We've packed shower gel, shampoo and toothpaste for him to actually use. I've split the ridiculous amount of spending money the school suggested he took, between his wallet in his little rucksack and the money bag in his case. He has strict instructions to put his phone and IPod away in his bag every night so that he doesn't forget them.

Dad took him to school to catch the bus, because I didn't want to embarrass him or me, so there were a few tears as he left the house. By the time he got to school he and his friends ran off to get the back seat on the coach (how we all must remember those days) without a backward look at Dad!!!!!!!!!

"Mum I'll miss you so much" he said as he left. Have I heard from him since? NO

Thanks to my Mum who has texted me from her holiday to say that she and my Dad have arrived safe and sound. She said that I should be proud of such a well adjusted young man, embracing his independence.

I agree and just hope that he returns home in clean underwear, with clean teeth and with his electronic devices intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment