If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Tuesday 9 July 2013

One step at a time.

I feel so tired that I can't function properly. I am glad that the next three days are full to the brim with working, sports day, end of year barbecue and taxi-ing children around. It means that I haven't got time to think, to mull things over too much or to imagine a possible future with a little tow-headed two year old boy.

I daren't think to much or I may start to make plans, I need to take one day at a time, one step at a time. I need to get through tomorrow knowing that the social worker that we met today will be speaking to her team leader. We will know by Friday at the latest if we are suitable for this little boy.

If we're not suitable we will have to take it on the chin and start again. If we are suitable then we prepare for the next step.  I am not even really sure what the next step will be, having decided to literally take everything a step at a time. Now sitting here writing this I wonder if I should know more but I am to scared to consider the next steps in case we aren't suitable!



No comments:

Post a Comment