If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Thursday 29 August 2013

A Fairy Door

Where could a tiny fairy door in a tree lead, I wonder? Maybe  if we ask child 3 she would be able to tell us of the magical lands that could be found just beyond our garden. I think that I should share the tales from The Enchanted Wood and The Magical Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton with her to add to her imaginings.


Last week we spent time painting doors in pink and silver paint adding door furniture, finding the perfect spot for a door amongst the gnarled roots of our apple tree. And there we have a perfect spot for daydreams and imaginings.


I have to admit that I stole this idea from the fairies that live up in the fairy woods a short drive from where we live. Following the winding path through the woods if you keep a careful lookout you will see in the foot of a tall tree  a little red door surrounded by magical treasures and at Christmas, tiny Christmas decorations appear overnight. Children often visit this little doorway brining more little treasures and sometimes swapping them with those left by the door.

Maybe we can find more suitable doorways, for our other doors in the twisty roots of the majestic trees that line our Secret Garden a short walk away.

I should just mention, that child 1 took her door to place against a skirting board or the wall at the side of her window, fairy imaginings are not just for the little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment