If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Sunday 18 August 2013

Eat, Pray, Love

I’m just through with the guilt. So, here’s what we’re going to do: we’re going to finish this pizza, and tomorrow, we’re going to buy ourselves some bigger jeans. Elizabeth Gilbert. Eat, Pray, Love

After Friday's worrying news I spent yesterday wallowing a bit but after work decided to pull myself together and do what I always do when I am sad or worried. Look up comfort food, I sat with some of my old favourite cookbooks Fannie Flaggs The Original Whistle Stop Cafe Cook Book, Spooning with Rosie by Rosie Lovell, Cherry Cake and Ginger Beer by Jane Brocket and of course Nigella's How To Eat, hmm can you see the theme yet. So today I have pulled pork melting away in the slow cooker and pineapple upside down cake baking in the oven sending out aromas of spice, sweet and love through the house. In fact the menus for this week are all favourite comfort foods, Lasagna, Fish cakes, Sweetcorn fritters and curry. I feel better already just being surrounded by these favourite things.

"There’s a crack (or cracks) in everyone…that’s how the light of God gets in.” Elizabeth Gilbert

A trip to church  (it is Sunday after all) provides some solace. The occasional glimmer of sunshine lit up the stained glass window that overlooks the alter, beautiful. A sermon about faith and love lifted my spirits and coffee with the community to remind me of the wisdom in sometimes accepting that some things you cannot change, sometimes you just have to go with the flow and have a little faith.

“Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots" Elizabeth Gilbert 

Being philosophical, it's shows how much we love this little boy already if we want him here with us now.















No comments:

Post a Comment