If I could give you one gift it would be to see yourself through my eyes and then you would see how special you really are.

Tuesday 20 August 2013

What are we letting ourselves in for

We met up with more relations today, we are trying to see as many as possible before child 4 arrives just in case we have to disappear off the face of the earth for w few weeks. Fortunately, the weather held for us. Brilliant sunshine with occasional cloud cover. It was an interesting mix of children ranging from 2 to 17.  The teenage boys of 14, 16 and 17 were with us under sufferance, not that I blame them really, picnicking with the parents and two very small children (2 & 7) can't really be that enticing! Although not one of them complained they just got on with it.

For us though a day spent with a 2 year old was a definite eye opener as to what our life is soon to become. My very rose tinted memories of 2 year olds are cuddles, holding hands to wander down the road, explorations in the garden, stories, songs and tickles. I am right there are all of those things but there is also the tantrums, the running away, the refusing to hold hands,the exhaustion.



It was interesting to see how child 1,2 & 3 dealt with their 2 year old cousin, child 1 loved it, in fact she carried her cousin around quite a lot, child 2 spent his time making sure she didn't climb the steps to quickly or run into the road and child 3 was really glad that we weren't adopting her cousin because she wouldn't play with her or do as she was told. A little bit of the green monster I think.

By the time we got home all I wanted to do was collapse and drink a steaming hot cup of tea. As I sat with my steaming hot cup of tea the realisation struck me that our 2 year old will be coming home with us and will want his tea, his bath, his milk,a story and a cuddle before hopefully settling to sleep which is no doubt when I will finally have the opportunity to drink that steaming hot cup of tea!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment